0

Annette O’Toole Joins the Cast of Man From Nebraska

first_imgAnnette O’Toole(Photo: Emilio Madrid-Kuser) Stage and screen alum Annette O’Toole has joined the cast of the New York premiere of Tracy Letts’ Man From Nebraska. The Oscar nominee will take on the role of Nancy Carpenter, stepping in for the previously announced J. Smith-Cameron, who has departed the off-Broadway staging due to scheduling conflicts. The Second Stage production, starring The Humans Tony winner Reed Birney, will begin performances at the Tony Kiser Theatre on January 26, 2017.O’Toole recently appeared on stage in Southern Comfort at the Public Theater and earned a Lucille Lortel Award for her perormance. She received an Oscar nomination in 2004 for the song “A Kiss at the End of the Rainbow” from A Mighty Wind. Additional credits include Hamlet in Bed, Third and Heresy on stage and A Stupid and Futile Gesture, Women Who Kill and Smallville on screen.The play, which was a Pulitzer Prize finalist in 2004, follows Ken, a middle aged man from Nebraska (as the title suggests), who embarks on a quest for a meaningful existence after losing his faith and sense of purpose.Joining Birney and O’Toole on stage will be Heidi Armbruster, Tom Bloom, Annika Boras, Nana Menash, Max Gordon Moore, Kathleen Peirce and William Ragsdale. Opening night is set for February 15. View Comments Related Showscenter_img Show Closed This production ended its run on March 26, 2017 Man From Nebraskalast_img read more

0

Bulldogs Linkstrers Fall Short To The Pirates

first_imgThe Greensburg Pirates were victorious against The Batesville Bulldogs 159-178 in Varsity Boys Golf action at The Greensburg Country Club.Individual Scoring for Batesville:  Dominique Schildknecht 43, Alec Giesting 51, Thomas Hatcher 45, Ryan Harmeyer 45, Jacob Vogelsang 45, and Billy Carroll 50.Medalist: Keegan McCullough-Greensburg (38)Junior Varsity:  Jake Flaspohler 44, Keegan Straub 47, and Brandon Rose 53.Submitted by Batesville Coach Ben Siefert.last_img

0

Ashley adamant he won’t sell

first_img Press Association Rumours have been rife that the sportswear magnate was preparing to offload the club he bought in 2007 and snap up cash-strapped Rangers instead. However, the Magpies moved on Friday to dismiss the claims, in the process banning the Daily Telegraph for its coverage of the story. If Friday’s statement suggested stability in the boardroom, Pardew’s position remains less assured despite sources on Tyneside denying claims he has just two games in which to save his job. Saturday’s trip to Southampton and Hull’s visit to Tyneside the weekend after are undoubtedly key games for the 53-year-old, who is still awaiting a first Barclays Premier League win of the campaign, although he has asked for patience as he attempts to bed in his summer signings. The Magpies recruited nine new faces during the close season, seven of whom are fighting for first-team places with Daryl Janmaat, Jack Colback, Remy Cabella, Siem de Jong and Emmanuel Riviere having been thrown in at the deep end during the opening weeks of the campaign. However, only former Sunderland midfielder Colback arrived with any experience of the Premier League, and some of his new team-mates have endured a rude awakening to life in English football. Pardew said: “I think it’s a little bit tougher when players are coming from abroad and have to adjust to the Premier League. “I’d give Manu (Riviere) as an example. I spoke to him today and there are certain things that happen in this league which he’s been surprised by. It shakes players up and knocks them off balance a bit. “Remy’s treatment has been similar. People have said to me that he needs to be stronger, and I’d agree with that. But I also think he’s come in for some treatment that he would never have got in France, so he’s having to adjust his game as well. “Making those adjustments are very important, but they need time.” Cabella in particular will head for the south coast with an extra burden on his shoulders in the wake of De Jong’s absence for up to three months with a thigh injury which could yet require surgery. The two men were recruited in a bid to replace the creativity and firepower lost in the departures of Cabaye and Loic Remy, but De Jong’s misfortune has increased the onus on the Frenchman. Pardew said: “There’s more focus on him now, and I think he’s started okay. He can be better, but we’ve got to give him a platform to do that. “We also have other offensive players who will have to step up to the plate. Papiss (Cisse) is due back soon and he needs to score goals again. We need to find a way for him to score goals. “Will he play with Manu? Maybe there’s an opportunity for those two to form a relationship.” Mike Ashley has ended speculation that he is ready to sell Newcastle by insisting the club is not for sale at any price for the immediate future. A statement said: “The truth is, Mike Ashley remains committed to Newcastle United. “For the avoidance of doubt, this means that for the remainder of this season and at least until the end of next season, Mike Ashley will not, under any circumstances, sell Newcastle United at any price. “The club cannot be stronger in stating its position on this matter.” The news may come as a blow to Ashley’s most vociferous critics, who still rail against his treatment of Kevin Keegan and Alan Shearer, his decision to twice appoint Joe Kinnear to positions of power at St James’ Park, his renaming of the stadium and the sponsorship deal struck with payday lender Wonga. But above all, supporters remain furious at a perceived lack of ambition, with comfortable Barclays Premier League survival the major focus. Ashley has rationalised the club’s operations to the point where they are self-sufficient, a far cry from the position in which he found Newcastle when he snapped them up for £134.4million and then had to make interest-free loans totalling around £129million. However, his financial realism means there is no wild spending on transfers, and while manager Alan Pardew has been able to invest heavily this summer, that spending spree has been funded largely by the proceeds from the sales of Yohan Cabaye and Mathieu Debuchy. Ashley, of course, has twice tried to sell the club during his reign to date and in effect, it has been available for much of the last six years, although no credible buyers have emerged and there is no potential deal currently in the pipeline. last_img read more