0

Bolton boss Lennon considers move for Swindon captain Thompson

first_imgBolton boss Neil Lennon is considering a move for Swindon captain Nathan Thompson.The defender has been instrumental in town’s push for the League One title so far this season and has attracted interest from a number of Championship sides.And Bolton are the latest to show an interest in the 24-year-old, who has made 110 appearances for Swindon since making his debut in October 2010.Thompson’s younger brother Louis, 20, was sold to Norwich in September but has spent this season back on loan at Swindon.But top-of-the-table Town are desperate not to let their influential skipper leave with promotion in sight. Nathan Thompson in action for Swindon 1last_img read more

0

John Downey fails in second bail application

first_imgDonegal man John Downey, who stands accused of the murder of two UDR soldiers, has had another bail application refused today.Downey appeared at Belfast Magistrates’ Court, where lawyers made the case that he would qualify for early release if he were to be convicted and handed a two-year sentence for Troubles-related offences, the Belfast Telegraph reports. However, the 67-year-old’s second application was denied, with the prosecution saying that he was unsuitable for bail. His renewed application for bail was first denied in November, when £225,000 in cash and a further £500,000 in equity was proposed as sureties.Downey, who has an address in Creeslough Co. Donegal, is charged with murdering two British soldiers in an IRA bomb attack in Enniskillen in 1972. He was extradited to the UK after handing himself into gardaí in October.Read more at: https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/alleged-ira-bomber-john-downey-denied-bail-for-second-time-38767240.htmlJohn Downey fails in second bail application was last modified: December 11th, 2019 by Staff WriterShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

0

Dolcini throws perfect game, Christensen breaks HR record as Fortuna sweeps Arcata

first_imgArcata >> Add another check mark to laundry list of goals for the Fortuna Huskies set for themselves this season. Fortuna (21-1-1 overall, 12-0 Big 5), ranked No. 1 in the North Coast Section Division 4, completed a perfect Big 5 season with a doubleheader sweep of Arcata (4-16, 0-12 Big 5), 24-0 and 8-0, Friday at Arcata High School.“We finally accomplished a goal to go undefeated in league,” said Fortuna catcher Jenna Christensen, who broke her sister Courtney’s school record by going deep …last_img read more

0

Penza: The good of Humboldt County shows its face again to aid fire victims

first_imgNo matter if it’s the dozens upon dozens of trash bags … It was impossible to not notice the sign that was hanging right next to the ticket booth at Husky Field on Friday night.“WE STAND TOGETHER WITH CARDINAL NEWMAN”The sign wasn’t very big — probably the size of a couple of legal pads placed alongside one another — but you couldn’t miss it.Those six words signified the huge effort that many on the North Coast are doing right now to help their fire-ravaged compatriots to the south.last_img read more

0

LeT behind killing of J&K youth: police

first_imgHundreds of people participated in the funeral of a cable operator who was killed in south Kashmir’s Shopian on Sunday. The police on Monday claimed that militant outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) was behind the incident.“On the basis of reliable inputs, LeT militants Waseem Shah and Nazim Dar are behind it. A manhunt has been launched to nab them,” said a police official. The bullet-ridden body of Gowhar Ahmad Dar, a resident of Shopian’s Urpora, was found from Humhona Mulberry. Dar, a student, also worked as a cable operator. Hizbul Mujahideen also condemned the civilian killing. “Kashmiri youth with freedom loving spirit always remain on the radar of government agencies. There is a hand of the (security) agencies in it,” said a Hizb spokesman. Meanwhile, a Hizb militant, identified as Shahid Ahmad Wani, was arrested from Shopian’s Zainapora village. “One Chinese pistol, nine rounds, one magazine and a vehicle were seized,” said the police.last_img read more

0

Hornets’ Batum says some French fans celebrating his injury

first_imgBSP sees higher prices in November, but expects stronger peso, low rice costs to put up fight Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Fire hits houses in Mandaluyong City Batum had played for the French team each year since he was a teenager, but passed on the experience this summer to instead prepare for Charlotte’s season. Now, he’ll miss at least six to eight weeks with a torn ligament in his left elbow.“I know (some) people in France are happy about it; that’s the sad part,” Batum said. “Really, for real. I got on stuff and people are happy like I deserve it. … Trust me, I get those reactions on social media.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutBut he quickly added, “I (also) got a lot of support from France and here.”It was perplexing to the nine-year NBA pro that some fans rejoiced in his misfortune. Fire hits houses in Mandaluyong City Frontrow holds fun run to raise funds for young cancer patients  Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles01:42Police: California school shooting took 16 seconds00:50Trending Articles01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Batum had been dedicated to the French team and said he struggled with the decision to forego international play.Following Charlotte’s 36-46 season, though, he felt he needed to focus on getting the Hornets back to the playoffs — especially after receiving a $120 million contract in 2016.Still, a big part of his heart remains with the French squad.In 2009, Batum hurt his shoulder during training camp working out for France. When he returned to Portland to prepare for the NBA season with the Trail Blazers, Batum said he was told he needed surgery.“I said, ‘No! I’ve got to play Eurobasket.’” Batum said.ADVERTISEMENT And he did.When he returned to Portland, he hurt the shoulder again and missed four months of the NBA season.Now, he’s working through an elbow injury he sustained Wednesday night in a preseason game.Batum will see a specialist in Dallas on Monday to determine whether he needs surgery. The right-handed shooter has been told he won’t miss the entire season, even if he requires an operation.“It’s my left arm, so that’s good,” Batum said.Jeremy Lamb is expected to start for Batum. LATEST STORIES MOST READ Nonong Araneta re-elected as PFF president Nicolas Batum of the Charlotte Hornets reacts after a play during their game against the Philadelphia 76ers at Spectrum Center on November 2, 2016 in Charlotte, North Carolina.  Streeter Lecka/Getty Images/AFPCHARLOTTE, N.C. — After deciding not to play for the French national team this summer, Hornets guard Nic Batum has apparently lost the support of some countrymen.Batum said Friday that some fans in his native France are celebrating his recent injury and taunting him on social media.ADVERTISEMENT Read Next Racela says he didn’t start verbal joust against Chua LOOK: Loisa Andalio, Ronnie Alonte unwind in Amanpulo for 3rd anniversary View commentslast_img read more

0

a month agoJones heaps praise on new Man Utd teammates Wan-Bissaka and Maguire

first_imgAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Jones heaps praise on new Man Utd teammates Wan-Bissaka and Maguireby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the lovePhil Jones has heaped praise on new Manchester United teammates Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Harry Maguire.The pair have slotted straight into Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s first-choice defensive line-up and Jones thinks both players have enjoyed a great start to life at Old Trafford.“Aaron’s come in and settled in well and, likewise, Harry. He carries a bit more experience than Aaron but they’ve helped a lot,” Jones told Inside United.“Aaron’s up and down [the pitch], his tackling’s probably some of the best I’ve seen, and no one wants to go past him. You see players now stopping, turning around and going the other way, so that’s a credit to him.“Harry’s got the international experience. He’s a big, strong defender who has helped us and I’m sure he’ll be a great addition going forward.” last_img read more

0

17 days agoEverton hero Howard part-owner in Dagenham & Redbridge FC

first_imgEverton hero Howard part-owner in Dagenham & Redbridge FCby Paul Vegas17 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveFormer Everton and Manchester United goalkeeper Tim Howard is part-owner of Dagenham & Redbridge FC.Howard, 40, who made 414 appearances for the Blues across a decade-long stint between 2006-16 – more than any other player from outside the British Isles – played the final game of his professional career on Sunday in Colorado Rapids’ 3-1 defeat to Los Angeles.With his playing days now over, Howard looks poised to be casting his eyes back across the Atlantic on a more regular basis to National League club Dagenham & Redbridge where he has been part of their US-based Trinity Sports Holdings ownership team for the past year, says the Liverpool Echo.The club, who were only formed in 1992 after a merger between Dagenham FC and Redbridge Forest, spent nine years in the Football League between 2007-16 but are currently in the National League and finished 18 out of the 24 clubs in the division last season. TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

0

2 days agoSNAPPED! Man City boss Guardiola loses rag with Stones

first_imgSNAPPED! Man City boss Guardiola loses rag with Stonesby Paul Vegas2 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester City boss Pep Guardiola slammed a seat and shouted at John Stones during their Champions League thrashing of Atalanta.BT Sport cameras captured the Citizens boss heading to the substitutes bench in the Etihad dugout after summer signing Rodri went down with an injury on Tuesday.It appears that Guardiola was unhappy that Stones hadn’t read the situation that he made be called upon if Rodri had to make way with an injury.And made his frustration known by slapping a chair in rage while shouting at Stones.Lol Pep really did lose it with Stones taking his time today pic.twitter.com/e0NarbJN5e— Kaila Kika (@KailaKika) October 22, 2019 About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

0

Navios Acquisition Wraps Up Merger with Navios Midstream

first_imgzoomIllustration; Image Courtesy of Shaah Shahidh on Unsplash Tanker owner Navios Acquisition has completed the acquisition of the publicly held units of Navios Midstream in a stock for units exchange. Following the close of the market on December 13, Navios Midstream common units no longer are publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange, the company announced.“We are pleased to close this important transaction, which provides Navios Acquisition with a number of benefits, including a simplified corporate structure, larger asset base and enhanced credit profile. We believe that the combined entity will be an attractive investment opportunity for investors,”Angeliki Frangou, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said.The deal saw Navios Acquisition issue approximately 3,683,028 newly issued shares in exchange for the publicly held common units of Navios Midstream at an exchange ratio of 0.42 shares.Navios Acquisition expects the merger to simplify the capital and organizational structure of the group, increase trading liquidity and enhance access to the capital markets together with Navios Acquisition’s credit profile.The company also hopes the move will help build scale through a larger asset base that is capable of generating increased profitability, reduce cost of capital and create significant savings in public company costs.last_img read more

1 2 3