The kidnapping charge accuses the men of detaining each of the men “against his will, and without his consent, for the purpose of committing a robbery.” Fromong, a crucial witness in the case, was in critical condition in a Los Angeles hospital Tuesday, after suffering a heart attack Monday, according to a spokeswoman at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. Beardsley has said he does not want to pursue the case. Simpson’s lawyer, Yale Galanter, said he planned to ask for Simpson’s release on his own recognizance. “If it was anyone other than O.J. Simpson, he would have been released by now,” Galanter said. Simpson has insisted that he was not armed and that he went to the hotel simply to retrieve property that had been stolen from him. “You can’t rob something that is yours,” Galanter said. “O.J. said, `You’ve got stolen property. Either you return it or I call the police.”‘ Witnesses and authorities have said that they don’t believe the former USC player had a gun but that some of the men who accompanied him during the confrontation were armed. Two others named in the complaint, Walter Alexander and Clarence Stewart, have been arrested and released. A fourth suspect, Michael McClinton, 49, of Las Vegas, surrendered to police Tuesday. Police describe him as “a key player” in the suspected theft. Police were seeking two more suspects, who had not been identified. Some of the missing goods, including autographed footballs, were turned in Monday by Stewart, 53, of Las Vegas, before he was released on $78,000 bail. Alexander, 46, of Mesa, Ariz., said Tuesday that Simpson may have been tricked because another memorabilia dealer who tipped him off also recorded everything on tape. “It sounds like a setup to me,” Alexander told ABC’s “Good Morning America.” He said Simpson had thought the memorabilia belonged to him after getting a call from the dealer, Tom Riccio. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! By Kathleen Hennessey THE ASSOCIATED PRESS LAS VEGAS – Prosecutors filed formal charges Tuesday against O.J. Simpson, alleging the former football star committed 10 felonies, including kidnapping, in the armed robbery of sports memorabilia collectors in a casino-hotel room. Simpson was arrested Sunday after a collector reported a group of armed men charged into his hotel room and took several items Simpson claimed belonged to him. Simpson, 60, was booked on five felony counts, including suspicion of assault and robbery with a deadly weapon. District Attorney David Roger filed those charges and added five other felonies, including kidnapping and conspiracy to commit kidnapping, according to court documents. Simpson, accused along with three other men, faces the possibility of life in prison if convicted in the robbery at the Palace Station casino. He was being held without the possibility of bail and was scheduled to be arraigned today. According to the charges, Simpson and the others went to the hotel room under the pretext of brokering a deal with Alfred Beardsley and Bruce Fromong, two longtime collectors of Simpson memorabilia. Once in the room, Simpson prevented one of the collectors from calling 911 on his cell phone “by ripping it out of Fromong’s hand” while one or more accomplices pointed or displayed a handgun. The complaint does not specify which of the men involved was carrying the weapon.